Monday, May 4, 2009

365 Cards Day 65

The challenge today on 365 Cards is "Mother's Day Card" It's an opportunity to honor a special mom (grandma, sister, aunt, friend) in your life. The sentiment should reflect this.





This is for my "Grandmama" who is like my mother and grandmother all rolled into one. I was her caregiver for 6 yrs until I got married (her son walked me down the isle). She will be 88 in June and at the point of needing someone with her at night so I have been blessed to be able to return to caring for her at night.

I used pre embossed gold (which is hard to get a good pic of!) and printed vellum with roses (her fav flower) bflys are MS punch out of the vellum, added pearls and the wording is computer generated.

12 comments:

Birgit said...

a elegant card and I love the gold with the butterflies

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Rose, I am sure she is going to love this... and what a blessing that you are able to be with her... God is good

Sherry said...

Beautiful and I am sure your grandmother is going to love it. How lucky she is to have you.

Deb said...

Love the card, Rose - especially the butterflies :) I like the pearls you used for their bodies.

Karen Lee said...

Oh Rose this is one special card. Your grandmama sounds like a wonderful woman.

hugs, Karen Lee

fabricbutterfly said...

Stunningly beautiful, she is going to looove it, so sweet.

~amy~ said...

rose...such a gorgeous card...great job!!!

willow said...

See I knew you would come up with something! this is a stunning card which I am sure you GM will love
Maz

Tami Wood said...

What a beautiful card. i miss my grandmother. She was my world and lived to 91. Off to check out more of your lovely blog.

AUsome mom said...

It's beautiful Rose. I had a similar situation with my Nanny. She had cancer and I was off work, pregnant with my 2nd child and having some problems of my own. But, I was able to care for her while she was ill and I will never forget the sweet times we had together during that time. I was even able to hold her hand as she crossed over into Heaven. Such a peaceful, peaceful memory. Hugs..

wendipooh13 said...

sooo elegent looking love the butterflies coming right off the card

Vicky said...

this is so striking and elegant! your grandmama is going to just love this!