Saturday, April 4, 2009

PaperBlooms Challenge #1

Paper Blooms Challenge has started!! I'm looking forward to seeing what the DT and others are going to create each week. The challenge for this week is two parts, the sketch below (created by our DT member Cassie) along with a color challenge of Green, Lavender and Cream or White. We could make either a card or a LO.






BG paper is a scrap I had, green is DCWV Luxury Stack, Bflys are MS punch, flower steams are from HA cart, and of course the beautiful flowers are hand made by Leah, check out her shop here :-)
Just noticed I forgot to add pearls to my card like I wanted!! OK I'll plead nicotine withdrawal for the goof LOL

OK I added the pearls and have updated the photo :-) Amazing how a few pearls can make me like the card more ;-)

9 comments:

Kopperhead said...

That is absolutely beautiful! Everything, the way you cut the strips with the label corners, the crocheted flowers, and I must get that three in one MS butterfly punch. I have the Classic, but those tiny ones are just adoring!

PS....Today I have vowed to listen to the History Channel, not the news channel!

Leah said...

Just beautiful Rose, love everything about it!

Cassie said...

Gorgeous!! I love your take on the sketch! Just gorgeous, Rose!!

Chrissy C said...

Great job! I really want to participate over there. Seems fun!

jacque4u2c said...

Just beautiful! You did an awesome job! Thanks so much for playing along with the challenge.

Ann said...

Beautiful! I love how you did the blooms with the stems. Thanks for playing along this week! ;)

shelly said...

hey friend you know i love this card! beautiful paper, grat cricut flourish cut and gorgeous crocheted flowers. they look just awesome on this card! love the pearls too..sticky lil buggers arent they though ;) so glad youve joined us youre just a bundle of talent and looking forward to see what youll come up with each week :)

Terri E. said...

Love the use of those beautiful blooms! Great job on the PB sketch challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Rose this is beautiful! I"m surfing around to get inspiration because I stink at sketches but so want to do this first challenge. Fabulous job! xxD