Friday, April 24, 2009

365 Cards Day 55

Today's challenge on 365 Cards is "Card Recipe".

Here's the recipe for this card:
5x5 card (solid colored card stock - may be smooth or textured)
4x4 patterned paper (you may alter the edges if you'd like)
1 shape (circle, square, star, heart, etc.) - must be solid color
3 jewels
alpha stickers

That's it! Nothing more.
Sounds easy right?



I usualy make my alpha stickers using cuts from a Cricut cart and Xyron.
Not sure if that would have been OK for the recipie so I found the only pre made ones I have in my DCWV Travel Stack and went from there. Bird is off WC @ 3" real dial size, Scalloped edge is SU! Scallop punch and all paper is from Travel Stack.

14 comments:

Audrey said...

I luv this colour combo. That blue bird is so striking against the colourful background. Lovely card.

kristie sessions said...

this is entirely TOO cute!! Great job with todays challenge. thanks for your visits this week Rose... love hearing from you!

Deb said...

Really striking card Rose. I love the bright colors.

willow said...

I love the blue bird against that paper, it is really stricking
maz

Terrie B x said...

Lovely card..TFS:)♥

Bohemian Gypsy said...

Love it Rose!!! Really nice colour combo too as usual lol. I can honestly say there has not been one project that I have not liked from you.
Regards
Michelle

~amy~ said...

♥♥tweet♥♥

Ann said...

This is TOO cute! Fab job with the challenge!

Fi said...

Fantastic card Rose, love that bird and the colours are wonderful. I think a lot of us had problems with the alpha stickers, I usually use my cricut as well.
Hugs
Fi

Karen Lee said...

What a cute birdie!!! Love the alphas that you chose to use too!!

hugs, Karen Lee

Pam said...

That bird is adorable - nice job on this challenge, Rose :)

Bex said...

What a great colour combo, that bird is so precious! A fabulous and unque use of the travel papers!

Vicky said...

wow - that bird is so cool! i wouldn't have thought about a bird or something similar for the shape part! Great idea! The colors are beautiful, too.

Rosemary said...

Aw, this is beautiful and really clever. I love how striking the colors are and the bird makes it pop. My card looks like I struggled, yours does not at all.