Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sketch #2 for Okieladybugs Challenge 2/04/09



This is my best card to date, IMHO :-) I love this ladybug paper. I kept seeing all the cute cards made with ladybugs on the MB so I knew it was time to use it. The ladybug was made with DC and I (thanks to DH's input) weilded antina's (sp?) on it to match the ones on the paper. I poped the square so it would stand out more, I didn't have any ribbon that looked right so instead of the ribbon down the left side as called for in the sketch, I cut another strip off the paper's edge and used it to look like a ribbon. This was my first time using the sanding block to alter paper,I like how it makes the white show through the red.

2 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

You did an awesome job. Love how it all came together.

shelly said...

hi rose
i really enjoy all of your cards but i have to say this one is also my favorite of yours. i love that ladybug paper :) great job on the sketch!
and thank you for all the wonderful comments you leave me on my cards i truly appreciate them :) hugs shelly